Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Family Picnic Idea

Hey all, I tried to post this in the comments below, but for some reason I can't. Sorry to say we can't make the picnic this year. I'm headed to Alaska on the 7th. We'll miss you guys.

Also, there has been some chatter recently about lifting the annual burden of planning the picnic from the six uncles and aunts. Someone recently expressed to me the idea that we should start running the job down the cousin chain, oldest to youngest (and by the time we get to Madison, she'll be old enough to handle it - in fact, she may be already!) One proposed rule: it should always remain in Montana.

Thoughts? Objections?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since Bill is the one that started this picnic over 30 years ago, I think this is a tremendous idea. It's one I have been thinking about the past several years too.
GO FOR IT!!!!!
Connie

Jan said...

That would be great! You guys would all do a great job. We would be willing to help out since most of you don't live in Montana!

Jen said...

i like the idea! and i concur that it should remain in MT...that way we always have a reason to come back....not that I need a reason to come back here! :) You will be missed at the family picnic but I hope your Alaska trip goes well!

mary said...

I think this is a great idea...Jimmy is on for next year, but if he wants to defer to Maurika he sure could!

mattandkelly said...

I sort of think that it would only be fitting that we finish up with Jim to put a cap on the Aunts and Uncles running the picnic (only if he wants to) and then Maurika would take it over the next year. Thoughts?

Gonna miss ya Abe! Had heard a rumor you were maybe taking a later flight, but we will just have to catch you another time. Where are you flying out of?

Matt

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Fantastic idea ;).
- B