Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Michigan!


Hey gang! Well, I am currently in North Platte, NE in my second week back on tour. I'm surprised how easily and quickly things came back to me (the show, directing the kids, casting, etc.). There is still a long road ahead, and a lot of towns, before May when I'm done, but that gives me some time to figure out my next move. I realized there hasn't been much sharing of interesting facts about our states. I figured I would share my findings. I am Michigan and I don't know if any of you watched the ice dancing portion of the Olympics (I watched part of the first night and thought it was totally lame, but then I was stuck in a motel room in South Sioux City, NE with nothing better to do and it turned out to be pretty neat) but the silver medalists--Meryl Davis and Charlie White--attend school at the University of Michigan and train in Michigan alongside gold medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. So I have gold AND silver medalists from my state. I think that makes me pretty high up there. Too bad Davis and White attend U of Michigan. Anyhoo, I'm sure like 99.9% of you probably don't care about that little tidbit, but I just thought I would throw it out there since I don't really have anything interesting going on in my life except waiting to be a new aunt! Anyone else have any interesting facts? I hope to see you all this summer!! Much love!

5 comments:

Jen said...

you're too funny....here are a couple of fun facts about Maine just to humor you:

State of Maine is the only state in the United States of America that shares its border with only one state.

Maine also has the largest toothpick manufacturing plant in the entire of United States. This plant produces around 20 million toothpicks in a single day.

The springs seen in the western areas of Maine are the main source used to produce bottled water.

No olympic gold medals that I know of, but hey, water is the most important element that humans need to survive, so I think that may put me above you :)

Joey said...

I think air trumps water Jen...and it's a compound, not an element.

Jan said...

I don't remember my state so I can't brag, but I do have to say that I enjoyed the skating this year. Ging and I watched the exhibition stuff on Saturday and loved the Canadians routine. Proud of you two girls that you find facts or that you even remember what state you are!!!

Maurika said...

sooo intellectual. i just saw the picture and thought "what? did the cast from twilight really just win the olympics?" crazy... well i guess vampires DO have the upper hand, being able to practice 24/7 and all.

Jen said...

well...excuse me mister perfect!! regardless of whether it is a compound or element...and since no state really has a claim to air..i still believe the fact that Maine is where most people who are too good for the tap water get their supply of the good stuff...that keeps my state up there!