Monday, October 12, 2009

Grama's Visit

So Jim has not so gently reminded me that I need to put up a post of Grama's visit to Utah. My excuse is that I couldn't find my camera under a pile of papers on my desk therefore my belatedness is acceptable. :)
So here are a few shots of dinner at Jim's. He cooked us up some awesome chicken and I brought the potato salad. Always a stressful thing to submit that delicacy to Jim's tastebuds but he and Grama said it passed the mustard, of which there was little. Of course, the recipe is patterned after Grama's cooking standard but she told me it was a lost art for her so the tradition is passed on to the next generation here. All of you should know that Jim is actually the keeper of such culinary secrets, I always have to call (or text actually - and he is getting better at that) to remember what is and isn't acceptable. (Whoa, that is a lot of potato salad detail!)
Anyhoo, it was wonderful to get to visit with Grama and Jim. My kids always love seeing Moore familia, though those moments seem to fleeting. And they especially love chillin at the ranch and enjoying the multitude of animals they will never own. Thanks Jim for the great evening and for the opportunity to chill with the most fabulous Grama on earth. :)



7 comments:

Johnny Piano said...

Very cool, Hannah -- thanks for posting. The kids look great, and so do you. Gramma said it was a nice visit, and that Carter had a great time with the chickens. How was your drive-in movie experience?

Jan said...

Great pictures, Hannah! You must have made great potato salad, cuz Jim is just a bit picky! I am making some later today for a bunch of football players. That seems like a waste. Looks like everyone had a great time!!

Abe said...

Awesome. Looks like fun.

Jen said...

Looks like so much fun! glad gramma was able to visit! what is up with being picky about potato salad? i say...any kind of potato salad is good :)

Nick said...

O come on! There is a HUGE difference with acceptable potato salad and Gramma's incredible potato salad. I'm glad to know that the recipe is in the hands of someone with great taste like Jim, sorry for the pun. I'm sure by the time I get my hands on the covetted recipe, it will be perfect!
Sounds like a great trip, Gramma! Can't wait til I have a little time on my hands and some dollar bills in my pocket to see some family... that could be a while.
nick

mary said...

Great photos, Hannah! I love seeing you and the kids even if it is only in pictures! I say you need to venture to Montana soon so the kids can enjoy more Moore familia! We'd love to have you come stay with us...
Anyway, thanks for the great story! Mom had a fun visit.

Unknown said...

you are an amazing cook hannah belle, i'm sure it rocked! can't wait to see you at thanksgiving...

oh

thats right. :(