Saturday, August 19, 2006

Women Running in Montana


This picture is from a while ago but I just put my pictures onto my new computer and I remember Meg and my mother wanting this picture to be posted. Meg came down to Billings to do the Montana Women's Run and by the looks of the medal, she came down to dominate. My mother also dominated I am assuming because she too has a medal. Forget that all participants get medals regardless of performance, those two showed real heart and determination by walking and running their way through downtown Billings while raising awareness of women's needs and stuff. Great job you two! I wanted to join them in the running of the women, but because of my gender I was not allowed to participate... sexist yes... dissapointing, even more so. If Michelle Wie can play in men's golf tournaments I think that I should be able to try my luck against the best women's runners in MT. Oh well. Enjoy the picture and I also remember Meg and mom saying that they want all the Moore family women to come down and participate next year in the race. Plan on it.

2 comments:

Jen said...

moore women dominating, seems fitting. i would come and show off....but you know...gotta hold things down in sioux falls. you run enough like a girl that i think they should let you race next year!

meg and ry said...

Go Jen! And I just want to say that you had to finish quick enough to receive the medal and you kind of had to battle your way through the crowds, so Jeanine and I earned them!!! It was a ton of fun though and all the Moore women should DEFINITELY plan on it. Mother's Day weekend...what else have you got to do!?