Friday, October 13, 2017

12 Years and Counting!


(From the family picnic in 2005)


As I was checking the blog the other day, I thought to myself, "What was the first post on here?" So I scrolled through the archives and found that this blog officially launched on October 4, 2005. We've been keeping this thing going for 12 YEARS! What started out as a place to post Christmas lists has turned into a beautiful archive of our family for the past 12 years. Who knew? I have thoroughly enjoyed going through old posts and seeing how much this family has grown, changed, and matured. Yet through it all, we've continued to be the same loving, supportive group. It just makes me feel eternally blessed.

A few things I enjoyed seeing - Abe's posts about Chicago since now I know what he was talking about! John asking for books in the Game of Thrones series years before it became the huge phenomenon it is now. Jen giving out the first birthday shout-out to Mike, on his 28th birthday (he'll be 40 in a few weeks). The first birth announcement - Will Buyske. Grandma's quote about giving Christmas gifts, ""I think there's a little kid in each of us that likes to open presents. I do." And Grandma's first post on the blog: John is trying to educate me - tough job - so now we're trying it out!

I haven't gotten that far through the archives, and while I know you're not supposed to live in the past, it sure is nice sometimes to briefly revisit it. I hope you are all healthy and happy. Thank you for sharing your lives.

Love you!

Molly

2 comments:

Jen said...

It's a pretty amazing accomplishment with a beyond amazing family. I feel really fortunate and blessed that I get to be a part of this family and support system as we change and grow

Johnny Piano said...

To us older folk (and I guess I have to say that about myself now -- yuck!), 12 years doesn't seem like a long time. But you're right, Molly, a lot has happened in those 12 years. I may need to do the same historical review soon.