Thursday, November 13, 2014

A bit of history

This evening, I attended a talk at the Montana Historical Society by Ken Robison, author of Confederates in Montana Territory. The publisher is History Press. Take a look at the photo in the top middle of the cover. Chapter 9 of the book covers the Moore brothers, Perry and John, along with mention of other family members. Earlier, I shared an article by Mr. Robison (essentially the same information). I talked with him this evening, and he's interested in learning more about the Moores. He was particularly interested in Nancy Moore's diary on the trip from Missouri to Montana. A couple years ago, I met a couple members of the Hall family who have the original diary. I will work to put Ken Robison in touch with them. Anyway, you may find the book interesting. I also talked with Scott Hibbard (of the "northern" Sieben Ranch), who asked about Jim (the elder). He's interested in finding out more about Jim's novels.

4 comments:

mary said...

How cool is this?!? I love history especially Montana history. I bet this was a very interesting talk. Might have to check out this book!

Jan said...

That is neat that he is interested in our family history! We tell everyone we know about Jim the Elder's books! I still need to get the newest one,

Hannah said...

Ok, I need to get this book and Jim's books. Are they available on Amazon?

Connie said...

I just bought this book, so if anyone is interested you may borrow it. It does sound pretty interesting.