Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Just a Philpot update

"
Was nice to see those of you that I did for that brief trip up for Grampa O's funeral. While there, Tom mentioned that the blog is getting a little bit slow in recent days. So to motivate people to start doing some posts, I think we should do our "Blog Christmas Cards" with updates and pictures of everyone. I know it is early but maybe we can actually get it done if we start in October. To be a good example of this great idea, here ya go! :) Let's see, Kayla won student body officer with John's great slogan,"Mikayla Philpot; Hard to spell, Easy to vote for!" Was a tight race with all the drama and mudslinging of the presidential one going on (I am barely kidding). But it was a great experience for her - middle school is proving to be pretty fun. Carter's football team made it to the playoffs!! They are currently undefeated and playing the other undefeated team this Saturday. You wouldn't believe how stressful a ten year old football game can be. Well, maybe you sporty families actually can - or maybe you just never let it stress you out. (I could use some tips.) By the way, that picture above of Happy Carter and crying Kaitlyn was because he had just thrown her stick and yet pulls this innocent picture smile as she bawls. Just a funny true to life moment caught on camera. :) Kesiah is loving third grade, she has the best teacher in the school. I am her room mom so we are planning out her lavish Halloween party, it is going to be the best!! She is taking some time off before volleyball to just chill, which is a nice break after 6 months of softball! :) Kaitlyn is doing fabulous in Kindergarten. She is a prompt gal who hates to be late and is tidy and efficient - very unlike her mother. She is also in a great ballet class and they are practicing for their Christmas Carol Ballet in December. Oh, and last week the kids had a couple days off school so I took them to a sports clinic where they take x-rays of your hand and they can predict (quite accurately) the height you will be when you are full grown. It said Mikayla was going to be six feet tall and Carter should be 6'5" or 6'6"!! Crazy tall!! You cousins out there, how tall are you? Does this run in my family and I just never realized? Katie and Kesiah were technically too young to have an accurate assessment, I guess ten years old is the most accurate age to start. No, but really, how tall are ya'll? And Jerry and I are just trucking along. Jerry and Carter just got home from the deer hunt today Buck-less and kinda' bummed but at least they got a cool hike up in the misty mountains. I have been taking lots of pictures lately - pictures for families and school pictures and the like. It is my favorite hobby, if only I had more time. But overall, life is really good. Super busy but good. I don't know how you six kid families managed to get it all done! Again, perhaps you could post some tips! :) Love ya'll!!

10 comments:

mattandkelly said...

Gorgeous family! I am so grateful for this blog; far-flung as we all are, it keeps us strung together. Hannah, why can't you be my neighbor and mentor mother? Also - I'm room mom for Benny's classroom and planning the Halloween Party - have any "greatest hits" for the kinder set that you're willing to share, please? Love to all you beautiful Philpots!

mary said...

Such great pics! sounds like your life is just going and going and going...sometimes I wish I had the energy of the bunny to keep up!
enjoy every minute cuz it goes by way to fast~

Jan said...

Hannah, What GREAT pictures you have taken. Truly a gift! You will find time as the kids get older. As Mary said - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!! They are out the door and one their own before you can even blink. There were days when all six were in various sports and Marc and I were going every which direction and we would hug in passing that I thought "and I wanted 12?" But, I wouldn't have changed one tiny second in those years. Your children are gorgeous as are you! Thank you for sharing!!
I was going to post the Christmas names (since Meg insisted we do it a while back) but I will wait until tomorrow! Don't want to post over such a great post!

Hannah said...

Kelly - great Halloween party ideas we have done: Take jars or dark bags with plastic liners (so you can't see inside) and put things like peeled grapes in one (label it eyeballs), Cooked Pasta and spaghetti (label it goblin guts), etc. and the kids have to reach in and guess what is inside. I usually broke them out into "centers" to do that kind of activity. Oreo's, chocolate frosting, and big hershey's kisses to make a Witch hat cookie craft. Or eat a donut off a string with no hands, that is always fun too. I always fill a dollar store jar with candy and give it to the kid who guesses the closest to the right number of candies. I took pictures of all the kids in Sia's class and morphed them in photoshop and then they have to guess who is who. Just a few ideas. :)Have fun!!

mary said...

Kelly:
Another fun activity for a center would be "pin the face on the pumpkin". You could make a big pumpkin out of orange paper and have various shapes that the kids could stick on. Really a great activity for shape recognition especially if you use octogons and hexegons along with triangles, squares and circles. Rectangles are always a tough one for kids to remember so I would say they have to 1) pick a shape out of a box, 2) name the shape and 3) put it on the pumpkin.

mattandkelly said...

Who needs Pinterest when I've got the Moore Family Blog! Thanks, gals!

Jen said...

Such a creative family!! Hannah, your fmaily is as beautfiul as always! They are growing up so fast! I am amazed at what they have experienced so far in their lives, and sometimes a little jealous! you are such an awesome mom and you do such a good job at getting things back up and going on the blog! thanks Hannah!

Anonymous said...

Dang those kids grow up fast!! I'm super jealous that I don't have a cool room mom to plan my Halloween party!! Although Shane and I are going as Ghostbusters, so that should be pretty fun. As for height, my Mom was pretty tall at a young age. And everyone in my family is tall...except for Meghan. We don't really talk about that, though. But it is interesting since none of the original 6 are really all that tall. 6' is a good height to be if Mikayla is going to be playing Middle Blocker in volleyball! (I'm not biased at all, I swear.) Great pictures and hopefully we'll get to see ya'll soon!!

-Molly

Connie said...

What a wonderful family. Thanks for posting those beautiful pictures, Hannah.

read2read said...

Hi Hannah
I was just listening to the kids on this bus cd you gave me when we were living in the 100 court, and I had to track you down. You were such a great friend and I’m sorry we lost touch. It is so fun to see these beautiful pictures of your family!