Sunday, October 14, 2012

City of Trees Marathon-Boise

Well, I wasn't sure if I would run another marathon after Boston.  After my surgery (a month and half ago) I could barely run 4 miles.  But as Tom mentioned it will come back.  I was in Chicago three weeks ago and did a long run and ran the stairs in their condo unit and Desiree asked me what I was training for.  I said "nothing", little did I know.  Found about this race on Friday, registered Saturday and ran a 3:46 Sunday.  I'll take it!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Why don't you just say it Jim: You are AWESOME! That is pretty cool :) Congrats!

Ann said...

Way to go,Jim! Your time is impressive given the short planning time. Maybe that's the magic! - Ann

Anonymous said...

Awesome job Jimmy!! Now you're going to have to come out next fall and run the Chicago Marathon!! Sorry I couldn't meet up with you when you were here.

Molly

Abe said...


Well done, bro. Glad I could whip you back into shape.

Hannah said...

Seriously? I ran 11 miles the other day and thought I was going to die!! I don't know where that natural ability came from and why I didn't seem to inherit it along the family lineage. You are quite phenom!!

Shmoore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mary said...

Way to go little bro! That is so sweet~
I agree with Hannah. Never got the runner genes...

Jan said...

Oh Hannah! Really!! Only 11 miles!! Geez, you slacker! Jimmy, as I said in my text - so proud of you!!! You are looking AWESOME!!