Tuesday, July 03, 2012


I hope this finds everyone eagerly anticipating the weekend to come in a couple of weeks.  I am excited to see everyone and wanted to bring you all up to speed on a couple of things.  First, on Friday, July 20th, Shannon and Birch will be having their rehearsal dinner.  Because most of the family will be in town on Friday, and not everyone will be attending the rehearsal, I thought it would be fun to have a BBQ at Nate's and my house.  Everyone is invited.  We will have a new deck built, some yard games to be played, a park with a pool half a block away, and lots of food and beverages.  I don't know why you wouldn't want to come!  So if you could post on the blog something that you could bring, I could figure out what I need to round up on my end.

Second, I thought it would be really fun on Saturday morning to play some golf.  Anyone is invited to play, and I was thinking of doing either nine holes at the regulation golf course, or 18 holes at the par 3.  I figure both would take about the same amount of time.  My idea was to do a 2-person scramble, so it won't take us forever.  We could randomly draw names from a hat to pair up, then play as foursomes once we get to the course.  I also thought it would be fun to include some prizes for closest to the pin, long drive (if we play at the regulation course), and longest putt.  So this post is also to see who may be interested in participating in something like that.  I would need to know fairly soon as I would have to call the public course to see if they have anything going on that day and set up some tee times, or talk to the pro shop at the par 3 to do the same thing.  Aunts and uncles who read this, if you could pass it on to the Facebookers who rarely come on here anymore, I would greatly appreciate it.

I hope everyone has been having a great summer and surviving this heat.  Moorefest 2012 is shaping up to be epic, so bring your party pants and plenty of energy!  See you all soon.

13 comments:

mattandkelly said...

The Buyskes are in for the Friday BBQ. Let me talk to Kelly about what we are going to bring. We are probably good for a side dish and a dessert, but we could help with some meats too if needed.

I am in for golf as well. I think the scramble is a great idea.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Matt

mattandkelly said...

Holy cow this sounds like fun! We are definitely on. I will make some pesto pasta and some cookies or something, and we will bring a slew of hotdogs, brats, kielbasa, and the like for grilling. Always a sausage fest in this Buyske house, after all. What happens if I want to golf, Mattie Boy? ;)

Kelly

Abe said...

In for golf, but no clubs. Also in for Friday night. Will talk to Diz about what we might contribute...

Johnny Piano said...

We're open to bringing whatever needs to be brought. Not likely to be golfing, as it's a public menace when I swing a club. Certainly looking forward to the big weekend. Thanks, Joey.

Anonymous said...

In and in. I'll bring the sushi if it can stay fresh in my bag for the 12 hours of flying from here. should be okay.

-Mike

Jan said...

Kelly, you go play golf! That is what Grammas are for!! We will bring potato salad, and get the meat for burgers! I think everyone needs to bring their own beverages too, right Joey! I am not in for golf as I will have my four boys but I bet Dad will be. Sounds like it is going to be a blast of a weekend!!!

Jen said...

I am always down for bringing beverages----I am leaning towards the ones that are alcoholic in nature, but I am also okay with bringing some water and soda (or pop) for those who do not like the 12 oz can (or bottle) of nutrition. Not sure about the golfing...don't have clubs and I am pretty sure I would end up hurting someone or something.

Anonymous said...

Shane is in for golf and I can bring chips/veggies and dip.

Molly

Anonymous said...

I will be at the bbq obviously. And as far as golf, I wouldn't mind just walking but not playing. Im not the best golfer anyway.

Thanks

Sammy

mary said...

I am in for golf, eating, drinking, dancing, singing, and crazyness. And all that would start before we get to Nate and Joey's place. We are going to have a hum-dinger of a time!!! Jim

Jan said...

The kids and I are on for the BBQ and if Ryan didn't have drill, he'd be golfing but alas not so. Let me know what to bring since I have no idea who has clamored for what. Just send me a list!

-- Meghan via mom's account

Jacob said...

Yo I will do the golf thing for sure. I'll also be around for the Q. I'm gonna be in Billings for a few days prior to that so I can help you get leftover necessities.

Nate Moore said...

In for golf for sure. I'll be at the rehearsal dinner but I'm sure that I'll be back in time to see everyone at the house. Looking forward to the wedding weekend - it's going to be awesome. Abe, we have tons of extra clubs between my garage and my parent's garage. Can't wait to do it big!