Monday, June 11, 2012

The family picnic is coming

Bill and I are in charge of the family picnic this year. Miranda has gratiously agreed to help me with this.
Since everyone is going to be there, it is going to be the Sunday after Shannon and Birch's wedding.
It is at Rose park which is less than a block from Nate's house. We have reserved the shelter there from 3:00-10:00. If no one has reserved the earlier time we can use it before 3:00. There are several things to do at the park: A swimming pool with slides, a playground, baseball fields and horseshoe pits. Of course everyone will bring a frisbee and Tom will bring his ringers. The city wants to charge us $25.00 more to have beer there. So I'm asking, do we want to do that or do you want to go to Nate's to drink beer. Just let me know your opinion.
Bill and I will furnish fried chicked. The first generation (mom/grandma) gets off scot free. I'd like the second generation to bring salads or side dishes. I'd like the third generation to bring desserts and snacks. Everyone will bring what they want to drink.
Should be a fun time, so get ready to boogie!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Connie said...

Tom has corrected me and it's $75.00 extra dollars to have alcohol. If everyone wants to chip in for that we can do it.

mary said...

We will chip in. Just to be on the safe side~

Jan said...

We will chip in too! Good night! They get you coming and going. This will be a great time! Do you want plates, napkins, plasticware? We can do that! I still have lots of plastic stuff from Meg's wedding five years ago!! This will be a GREAT time! Thank you for planning it CJ!

meg and ry said...

Woohoo! I like the generation divying up of duties. I'm all over it. Sounds like a great time and place.
We can pitch in for the beer fee as well.

Johnny Piano said...

Happy to chip in for the beer fee. Don't know yet what we'll bring -- probably the stand-by salad. Thanks for getting this together, Connie!