Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chillin' in Chicago

Ann and I returned today from a visit to Abe and Desiree in their home city of Chicago. We had a great time, thanks to Abe and Diz's gracious hospitality. It's futile to try to recall all the fun in this space, but I'll provide a few images.
Abe and I planted the "deck garden," which should yield some succulent vegetables as the plants mature.
We were able to visit Ann's nephew Zach and his fiancee Amy over brunch and a nice span of time back at Abe and Diz's place. We enjoyed a great game at Wrigley Field, whereupon the Cubs trounced the San Diego Padres.
Of course, we enjoyed many hours of visiting and speculating about the impending parenthood that A&D will soon embrace. ("Soon" is a relative term; October ain't that far off.) All in all, it was a Memorial weekend to remember. We hope you gave remembrance to relatives who have passed and to those who have served our country.

3 comments:

Molly said...

I've been waiting for an update on your trip!! Sounds like a fun time and gorgeous weather. You got out of MT just in time, since we had the typical Memorial weekend snow and rain. I can't WAIT to be out in Chicago. The countdown has begun!! Glad you and Ann enjoyed yourselves. Love you!

Jen said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend visiting!! I definitely have to make it out there...but until then, I will settle for seeing everyone this summer!

Jan said...

So glad that you had a fun weekend! You look great in the photo, Johnny! The garden looks awesome, too. My dream after Ireland is to spend some time in Chicago!!