Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ski fun

16 family members (including Mary Beth and Kelly) gathered on December 27th and braved the slopes of Great Divide outside of Helena. It was a great day, a bit breezy at the top, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. The boys seemed to be racing all day to see who could get to the top and back down to the bottom the fastest. Nick and myself decided to brave the top of the mountain, and ended up on a black diamond with an exclamation point, and we knew there was only one way to go down: take off the skis and slide down. No shame in that :)

Peter put on the skis for the first time and was a few runs away from going to the top :) Congrats on learning to ski Peter, it was fun going down some runs with you.

I definitely enjoyed my day surrounded by family and it was a great way to spend a wintery Montana day. I only wish more family could have made it up, but I know how hard it can be to try to get everyone's schedules to line up.

I am grateful I was able to see a lot of family over this Christmas. Guam is but a few days away. Safe travels to all during the rest of this holiday break. May you all have a blessed New Year and good luck in 2011.

Love you all,
Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a group! Glad you could all get together
Connie

Desiree said...

Jen - you are the sweetest girl ever. Thanks for "skiing" with me. It was so much fun. Have an amazing time in Guam and keep us posted on your adventures!