Thursday, August 26, 2010

End of summer and First day of school for the Philpots 2010!!

Since I didn't get to see ya'll at the family picnic and everyone has left me in the blogging world for facebook (curses!), I thought I would throw up end of summer pics and the cute kids on their first day of school.

This was our fun camping trip to Flaming Gorge on the border of Utah and Wyoming. It is absolutely gorgeous there. We kayaked down the river below the dam and here we are doing our annual cliffjumping. This one is Mikayla who totally braved up this year and continually lept off fearlessly.

Kesiah is striking a nice pose with one of her jumps! She too was loving it.

Even Kaitlyn, at three, loved jumping. She hesitated less than her sisters even. She is Carter's little twin when it comes to that kind of thing. And lest you think we are totally irresponsbile parents, the cliffs weren't THAT high and we had parents in the water. :)

Poor Carter just had stitches in the bottom of his foot from stepping on a piece of glass while fishing a few days prior. So he was forbidden to get wet and stayed content catching crawdads and lizards and a baby bunny, actually.

I know I just look like a chicken here but I really just didn't want to get cold in that there water. However, I succumbed to the pressures of the Philpots and did take the plunge.

Jerry was our first jumper to make sure all was safe. What a guy!!


So, even though Kaitlyn didn't start school, she did start a dance class that she loves and here she is on her very first day.

Mikayla, Grade 5!

Kesiah, Grade 1. And it was funny because she walked into her class and her teacher asked her if she belonged in that room because she thought she was one of the kids older siblings, she is so tall. In fact, they measured their heights on a piece of paper that first day and she has a solid three inches on everyone in the class except one boy who is just an inch shorter. Crazy tall kids!!

Carter, grade 3! Yes, he has one sock on to protect his stitches and I said he should wear two socks with his sandals but alas, he said, "Nah, I like to be different."

And there they are! On to another year of schedules and learning. Hope everyone else is doing well. I would LOVE to see summer pics from everyone if you get the chance. :)

6 comments:

Johnny Piano said...

Thanks, Hannah, for the newsy post and fun pictures. What a great family! And you're not missing much on Facebook -- this is where the action is. We should all put up more pix and posts.

Molly said...

GREAT pics Hannah! Glad everyone enjoyed summer vaca and are gearing up for a new school year! I can't believe it's that time already! Summer just flew by. I would have really loved to see a picture of you launching yourself off that rock. If you jumping on my bed 15 yrs ago is any indication, you've got some hops! Hope all is well!

Desiree said...

I LOVE these pictures, though I have to be honest -- the picture of Kaitlyn jumping reminds me of that fateful day when she "jumped" off the side of the pool and pulled a Greg Louganis on me! I still think about that all the time! Little fish! So cute. Anyway, all the kids look great. Hope they enjoy school this year. We love and miss you guys! Thanks for sharing pictures!

xoxo

Diz and Abe

Jan said...

Cute pictures and cute kids. Does it get any better than this? Thanks for sharing some summer pictures, Hannah. I still have to post some family picnic pictures. I have some great ones! We missed you guys!

mary said...

Awesome photos. Thanks for sharing Hannah! I can't believe we are starting school again. Bluck! Oh well. Maddie was excited to go and Sam not so much..

Jen said...

Wow, what an amazing family!!! You guys are so awesome and your kids are growing up so fast! Thank you for constantly keeping us posted and for providing us with such beautiful pictures! Hope school goes well!!