Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tokyo trip

My adventure is playing keyboard in the band for the Chicago Soul and Blues Revue. There are four acts: Johnny Rawls, a Mississippi blues man; Byther Smith, a Chicago blues man; Pastor Mitty Collier, a Chicago gospel singer, and the Flamingos, a 50 - 60s soul and doo-wop group. We're at the Shinigawa Prince Hotel near Tokyo Bay for five nights, back home in Helena next Tuesday. No time yet for sight-seeing, but hope to start with that tomorrow. If I get the chance, I'll post a photo or two.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Don't feel too sorry for Molly. We talked about this at Christmas. She obviously wasn't paying attention! Hope you are having an awesome time. Fun to see Annie tonight!

Nateusmoore said...

I guess Molly and I were too busy eating pizza to hear about this trip. Can't wait to see the pictures, John.