Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Busy, busy



Hey Gang!!
I hope everyone is doing well! It was so great to see those of you I did when I was home. For those of you I didn't see...well, you're loss. Just kidding!! I am bummed I didn't get to see everyone, but hopefully I will get to in the near future. I just thought I would do a quick update on my life. I had a WONDERFUL Christmas break. It was so awesome to have everyone home and I was able to get up to Shelby for a day to see some of my high school friends. January brought me back to Sioux Falls and heading into my final semester as a college student. YIKES! We are wrapping up our interim classes and then we take a break and then start into spring semester. I took a Race and Representation class over interim and it was so interesting. I learned a ton (which is always good) and got a great idea for a documentary I would like to make someday. We also had auditions for our upcoming show a couple weeks ago. It is a play written by one of my theatre professors and it is about the 900 day siege of Leningrad during WWII and centers around a small theatre company. We brought in a director (and translator) from Russia. It has been quite the experience thus far!! I landed the lead, which is so exciting since it is my last show at Augie, but it has been a ton of work! It is a whole new directing style (very Stanislavski-if you don't know what that is, look it up! Word for the day!). I am learning and growing as an actress and it is amazing. Mom, Dad, and Jen will be coming out for one of the shows, so I am also really stoked for that! Other than school and rehearsals, I've been working at the daycare I've been with since last February and trying to find time to chill with friends. It has been a great January and I look forward to the rest of the semester! I hope you all are healthy and happy! Love you all!!!
Molly

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH BABY! you better believe i am excited to come out and see you rock the stage one last time at augie! :) i am super stoked especially since i get to stay a couple of extra days! WHOOP WHOOP! :)

Johnny Piano said...

Congratulations on landing the lead for the last hurrah. Break a leg!

Hannah said...

Didn't you get the lead in like twenty seven plays out there? That's awesome, CONGRATS!!

Jan said...

It is going to be so much fun to be out there again!! We are looking forward to seeing you top yourself in this one! Congrats little one!

Nick said...

Good work there cuz. I really wish I could come to one of your plays, this one particularly sounds interesting. Good luck with your last semester!