Monday, May 12, 2008

jen's update

hello family of mine.

well i guess since i officially have my first year of law school under my belt, i better provide an update for everyone. i apologize for my lack of communication with anyone in the family, but i was basically a nerd for the past 9 months and had my face buried in law books, and unless someone wanted to discuss legal issues with me, my conversations were very limited. needless to say, i did officially finish my last class on friday, and i am now in anacortes visiting matt and kelly and the boys (with mike) for a few days, before i begin my trek back to MT, where i will be for about 2 days, before heading out to wonderful sioux falls, sd to pick up the youngest sibling from college. after making my way back to MT, i will settle into great falls for the summer as i will be interning for the US Attorney's Office in Great Falls. It is an unpaid, full-time internship, but i am very excited about the experience i will be able to gain and the exposure i will have to various issues of law. it will be nice to actually see what i "learned" put into application! it will also be an interesting summer as i am living with grandma and pregger meggers and ryan!!! it will be a full house....but hey, the more the merrier!! i hope this little update finds everyone doing well and happy and healthy. cannot wait for the family picnic where i will get to catch up with everyone (i promise i will spare people from legal talk unles they specifically ask). love to all and hope to see you soon!!

love,
jen

P.S. At the beginning of May I ran the Bloomsday. My first time ever running a road race and i choose a 7.5 mile run with 50,000 people.....wow, smooth move on my part! But i did finish and I did it in a faster time than I had initially set for myself, so that was pretty sweet!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hope you have yourself a relaxing summer, Jen. One of my favorite places in the world is Grama's house so can already bet you'll be having a nice time. Perhaps read a good non-legal book. Might I recommend "Twilight"? It's awesome! :) Hannah