Monday, January 07, 2008

Hunger Awareness and Frequent Flier Miles

Hello family! Looks like everyone had an awesome Christmas, New Year, Bowl Season. Maybe not the latter, at least we didn't have to watch our beloved Domers take it in the pants again. I think this is my least favorite month in the year, but alas we must return to our business. I am now back in Missoula taking a winter session class (Philosophy 430: Philosophy of Religion). So far so good. I have a presentation on Wednesday and another one next week and a ten page paper/presentation due the next week. YAY! Anyway, the main reason for this post was to ask a couple of favors: First and foremost, our Catholic Campus Ministry group is teaming up with other ministry groups at the University of Montana to put on a Hunger Awareness Week this March tenth through the thirteenth (Maybe extended?). I am kind of looking toward John and Anne here, but would you guys be available to maybe help with something? I would really like to talk to you guys... I have more details available. Ok number two is that we are planning a mission trip to the diocese mission in Guatemala. It is a ten day trip at the end of May. We asked the mission director of the Helena diocese what we will be doing; he said that it will be more of an emerging experience than a service project, stating for us to better understand the people and their faith (and vis versa) can be more valuable than adding another notch to our social justice belts, plus there is not much more service work to be done there. Other than that, we don't have very many details as to what the trip will consist of. I am hoping that we can find some sort of service project to do while we are there, but who knows what we will find? We were thinking that perhaps just asking for money was not the best way to go about funding this mission trip and that maybe asking for frequent flier miles also would be a better way to go about it. Please get back to me if there is anything you can do. So that is pretty much what is on my plate right now. I would love to hear from you guys, I'm sure Jake can tell you that winter session gets kinda boring so please keep in touch! Love you all to pieces and God be with you in the New Year!
Nick

3 comments:

Shmoore said...

Nick...what is your address????

Nick said...

My missoula address is 1822 B Wyoming St. 59801

Jan said...

Sorry Nick, we don't have any miles or we would sure help you out!! If you go another route as a fundraiser, let us know how we can help!
Love,