Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Jim Moore's Service

The combined factions of the Moore and Cosgriffe families, along with the communities of Two Dot, Harlowton, Bozeman, and elsewhere gave Jim a very good send-off today.  I think he would be pleased at the stories, the camaraderie, the memories, and the moments.

We gathered at Resurrection University for the full-blown Catholic funeral mass, then repaired to the parish hall for visits and victuals.  Perry Moore (IV) delivered a wonderful tribute to his dad, and Jim's former law partner and his publisher chimed in with laudatory recollections.

After overstaying our welcome at the parish hall, a number of folks met up at a local brewery for more visits and story-swapping.  All of these photos reflect that "after event," most of them taken by Ann.

I hope others will share their memories and photos; I know Susan had her camera there, and she has proven to be a sharp shutterbug.

Jim – we love you and we miss you.









3 comments:

Shmoore said...

I wish I could have been there. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It was a very nice funeral. I was happy I was able to attend and witness first hand the love and devotion Jim's family had for him. What a wonderful man.

Love,
Molly

Mary said...

I am so sad I had to miss this event. Jim was such an awesome person. We would run into Jim and Kay quite often when we lived in Bozeman and they were both always so welcoming. Rest in. Peace, Jim