Friday, September 02, 2016

College Freshman Wingerter

Jim and I have survived our first week with no kids in the house.  It is really quiet and we weren't rushing to any Volleyball games.  Since I changed jobs and Maddie graduated, I also don't have any weekly or monthly meetings either.  Quite a change for this couple who have been on the go with kids for 36 years!
Maddie is at University of Montana Western in Dillon.  Her first class is Psychology and she is really enjoying it, although she has a ton of work to do every day.  Her roommate is very nice and really quiet so I am hoping she can survive Maddie!
All in all the changes in the Wingerter household are exciting as we figure out our life as a couple again.  And we both are very excited for Madison's adventure in college too.  Hope all is well with y'all!  We are off to Power tonight to watch the Central Mustang football team.  Nice little road trip~

Here are a few photos of Maddie's room and her first weekend...


4 comments:

Jen said...

What a great adventure for everyone!!! Good luck to Maddie on her first year of college and good luck to you two in a house sans children!!!

Jan said...

It certainly is different without kiddos. Took me moving to Helena to get used to the full effect as I still had a ton of meetings, etc. But getting to know each other again without kids has been the upside of having them gone. I still miss all the craziness but enjoy not having to go to something if I don't want to. Oh wait, we have grandkids, so scratch that! :) Anyway, looks like you are settled in and ready for your year, Maddie! Tell me something you love baked goods wise and I will send you a care package! Oh, send your address, too!

Anonymous said...

Ah dorm life. I hope you have a great year, Maddie. And have fun just being a couple again, Mary and Jim!

Love,
Molly

Erin said...

So fun!! Is it too early to be looking forward to having kids out of the house? Enjoy!