Thursday, December 05, 2013

Christmas Charity Voting Post

Ok, here it is. The post to submit the charity of your choice for Christmas this year. It did seem like there were a fair amount of votes cast to have them picked out of a hat with the Charity President of the year dusting off his sombrero and being in charge of the pickin'. Nate, I nominated you and I am sure that all cousins second-ed the motion within their hearts so you are it!! Let's say that all charity submissions, posted via comments below, must be submitted by Tuesday, the 10th to be eligible. Nate, if you would like to video the whole process and post it on the blog, I am sure we would all be delighted. Not that it is required of the Charity President but it would set the bar pretty high for next year's incoming officer. The Charity President is, however, responsible posting the information necessary for us to make our donations - I am assuming that will just be your address but let us know if there is a better way to go about it. Sorry to barge in and start delegating but time is a-tickin' and I am trying to check off down the ol' list. Suggestion: Maybe all the cousins should post an E-Christmas Card on the blog being that we won't have the individual gift giving connection this year. (And just because blog posts are fun with a picture, I am throwing up a shot of our dog, Duke. Perhaps it will inspire someone to throw in an animal charity - we did get this guy from an animal rescue.)

20 comments:

Hannah said...

Here, I will even provide the first submission. I think donating to Camp Make a Dream, where we will be holding Grama's birthday party would be great!! :)

Hannah said...

Nate, if there aren't any other submissions feel free to delete mine and pick whatever charity you want.
:)

Abe said...

I pick Helena Food Share!

Joey said...

We pick the Center for Children and Families in Billings.

www.forfamilies.org

Unknown said...

Our vote is Big Brothers Big Sisters.

Nateusmoore said...

Sounds great - I am honored to be the President for the inaugural Cousin's Charity Draw.

I'll throw mine in the hat as well: Big Brothers and Big Sisters (I'll differentiate between the Haraden BBBS and my BBBS so that if one is picked the other person's charity can still be put in next year.)

I'll keep a tab on this post and on Wednesday morning I'll make the arrangements for the big draw.

Anonymous said...

Wounded Warrior Project

- Mike

mary said...

Nick can't post but he picks Wounded Warrior Project. Can this info go on facebook also so the cousins who don't check here very often have a say? I will also email my other kids to get their input. Great idea guys!!

Anonymous said...

Dang it Nick and Mike!! I thought I was going to be so original with WWP but I guess not.
Wounded Warrior Project for me

Samuel

Anonymous said...

Alzheimer's Association for me!!

Miranda

Benjamin said...

Jimmy V foundation for cancer research

Jen said...

Ronald McDonald House.

And I think what you are doing for BBBS should also be done for the three who have tossed in WWP.

Can't wait! Love you guys!

Jen said...

Here is the link for RMcD House:

http://www.rmhmissoula.org/

mary said...

Madison picks Great Falls Central's Father Mac's scholarship fund. This is sooo cool!

Anonymous said...

Oxfam, bitches.
xoxo
B

no.ordinary.moments said...

I vote for Save the Children. For a big charity, they're pretty impressive at 89% of their money actually going to help kids.
- Peter

Anonymous said...

Angel Fund

Molly

Jacob said...

Clinica Esperanza. This is the clinic Dee and I will be going to for a month in Roatan, Honduras. The website is http://www.clinicaesperanza.org/donate/

This is an awesome clinic that was basically started out of an expat nurse's home.

Can't wait for Christmas!!

Matt and Kelly said...

Catholic Community Services -- Busy time of year as Washington hits record lows and they start trying to house the homeless.

http://www.ccsww.org/site/PageServer

Could we please post the website for the winning charity so we can all read about who we are giving to?

Thanks Nate.

The Buyske 7

Nateusmoore said...

Morning ya'll, I'll be posting a video tonight after work of the charity choice. I'll get the information about the charity and post it as well so we can all see where our money is going to help. Looking forward to this - check back later, familia.