Monday, February 23, 2009

Mo burgers and More!

Hello family! I also figured to put up a post to update one and all on my life, in case anyone is interested. Life in the Missoula Valley has rolled on much as it has the past 2 years, loads of reading and writing and clouds. But happily an end to all of that is in sight as I am less than 2 semesters from graduation and spring is less than a month away! woo! Classes are going great and I am loving my professors. I would absolutely like nothing more than to spend all of my time reading and discussing our topics with them and my classmates, but, as is the nature of the world, there's just not enough time or money for all of that.
We are having our first (in a very long time) high school search retreat in Missoula this weekend. I have poured a lot of time, effort, missed reading assignments and sleep into this retreat and its looking to be a great experience for about 13 high school students. Our middle school youth group has been buzzing right along, learning tons and goofing off even more!
I have also been looking for another job to help pay for those pesky bills, but there does not seem to be any economic stimulus coming my way anytime soon, but 'tis the life of a college student and I am very happy with the way it is going. I was offered (and accepted) a job for this summer as the on-site director of St. Thomas Camp, the camp I worked at last summer (which, John, is about a mile north of rotary camp, in between it and the Lazy Doe). I am very excited for this new challenge and am trying to recruit about 5 more counselors to work with this summer, so anyone who may be interested or who knows of someone who may be interested, point them in this direction!
That is about everything for y'all to know here and now. Hope everything is going great in your respective lives. I love you all very very much and hope to see you very soon! Take care!
Nick

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Ok, well this might seem like a random comment but as I was reading about needing to pay pesky bills, I thought about a job my sister in law is working at. It's a company who is hiring for a work from home job that pays $12 an hour and you can work up to 20 hours a week. It's super easy but you have to work within their timeframe which can be difficult as it is mostly evenings. (5:30 - 9:30) Really, tho' it's a legit biz and an easy way to help those bills along. Anyway, for anyone that wants more details, lemme know!

Hannah said...

Oh, and Nick love to hear the update. And congrats on the camp job, that sounds like one of the most fun ways to spend a summer.

Johnny Piano said...

Thanks for the newsy update, Nick. Next time I'm in Mizzoo I'll have to look you up, maybe get together with Maurika and family. Regarding counselors for camp, call Ann (406-202-2436) to get information about Carroll College's service office ... they'd probably find some interested students.

Nick said...

Would ya look at the family hook ups?! I love you guys!

mary said...

Well, any help in finding a job for Nick makes me much happier! I am a MOM and no doubt the world's worst worrier, so it would be nice to not worry anymore (at least about how Nick is going to eat this month!)

Jan said...

Well, Godson, we would love to say that Molly would be a counselor with you, but Ireland is calling her! I know she would love to do it otherwise. We will be keeping you in our prayers this weekend along with the other workers and searchers. That is neat that you are doing a high school one. Good luck with it!!